Thursday, March 18, 2010

Alex Bowden's Senior Dance Project in the Works!!- Here's a Snippet of What I'm Doing :)

Ok so I have been working vigorously to pull this project together but there are so many components and a lot of loose ends!! I am trying to organize the music, costumes, transportation, tickets, etc. for all of my ARC dancers, rehearse a new solo, get together interviews and video footage for my video documentation process, and rehearse this duet...not to mention having to go to the gym every day to make sure I can even DO the duet! Neeedless to say, I'm going into Spring Break pretty nervous as to how and if everything will come together in time... Here is one portion of my project, a duet with Vicki Derenzo, choreographed by Adriana Durant. It is BY FAR the hardest piece I have ever done because it's an extreme challenge to both Vicki's and my own stamina/physicality. In its full length I believe it is about 5-6 min straight of full-out "balls-to-the-walls" hardcore dancing (for lack of better terms!). At this point, we get about a quarter of the way through and are already dying...check out the clips and see what we're working on! Hopefully we can work up the stamina and bring the physicality by performance time!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment